Thursday 12 September 2013

Production Diary Week 1



This week, I began to create all of the relevant information and work for my preliminary task. For the preliminary task, we must create a magazine for our school (Haydon School). I started by making a PowerPoint presentation which contained all of my ideas including masthead ideas, colour schemes and the main headlines. After I had created my PowerPoint presentation I went on and sketched out what I wanted my front page and contents page to look like. I plan to feature a headline on the Prom Queen of Haydon so I made the full bleed background image a photo of the Prom Queen to portray her significance to the magazine. I also included photos of the new school canteen and happy students after they had received their GCSE results because these too are both very important headlines in the school at the moment and it needs to be a relevant, up to date and fun magazine, and I think that it ticks all of the boxes! I also included the Haydon Stag on the contents page in my sketch as well as the masthead simply being "HaydonMag" so that it grabs attention and the audience immediately know what the magazine is about. I also plan to use social networking as the Internet is taking the world by storm and it means that we can communicate with the audience in a more private way which helps the students not only gain more of an interest in the magazine but it attracts more readers too. I have began to also create the front page on InDesign on the computer, and in the upcoming days I plan to finish my cover and move on to the contents page to completely finish it. After this, my magazine will be complete and will hopefully contain all of the aspects I had originally planned!


No comments:

Post a Comment