Monday 25 November 2013

Drafting #2



Here is the drafting of my magazine that I have completed so far. I have since created two front covers, one being the main front cover and one being a special subscriber only issue. For the main cover, I have included band and artists names that feature inside the magazine as this entices the audience to purchase the magazine as it lets them know who the reviews are about instantly and easily. I also included a cover line of '50 gigs you must see this decade' as it appeals to the audience as they typically enjoy attending gigs and this coverline exposes the most legendary gigs of the past 10 years. My main coverline is about Aurora Storm; I have used this coverline as it is about the main artist that my magazine is dedicated to. The article is about Aurora and her previous life as well as her views on the music industry, therefore I needed a coverline that represented this article well and I feel as though this portrays the article well as it indicates her increase of popularity in the music industry and makes her seem more appealing to the target audience as it foreshadows her popularity. For the special/subscriber issue, I simply combined a bold image with thoughts inside Auror'as head and quotes from the interview which creates a more personal tone and relationship between the artist and the readers. The coverline is a play on the words of 'storm' - I used the word storm as it is the artist, Aurora's surname and it also connotes the chaos she has created in the media as a new sensation of the Indie genre.

I have also put my article draft text into the draft however I still have more text to add. I've also placed images that I would like to feature in the contents page and the main article as well as adding the text into the contents page with subheadings and captions.

No comments:

Post a Comment