Thursday 21 November 2013

Box out text

Aurora Storm gives her opinion on some of the most well-known Indie artists of the generation:

The 1975:
The 1975 are one of my favourite bands!!! I especially love their song 'The City', it's so catchy and always stuck in my brain. The impact they have made in such a short time really reflects well on the type of band they are, and I encourage everyone to buy their debut album otherwise you'll regret it!

Ed Sheeran:
Ed is actually one of my close friends, he's an absolutely amazing artist and we actually plan on working together in the future! But shhhhhh... you didn't hear it from me!

London Grammar:
I've heard some of their stuff - they're great, but a little bit overrated. Maybe that's just me but I personally think that they haven't quite produced the life-affirming set they may have bee capable of... But don't get me wrong, I think that Hannah (lead singer) has an absolutely beautiful voice, however there is always room for improvement with anyone, including me. London Grammar have the potential to be a chart-topping, tear-inducing live act – but when I saw them live at Brixton, it was not their time or place.

I decided to use a box out of  Aurora Storm giving her personal opinion on other artists for many reasons; including how it further promotes the many Indie artists that my magazine intends on reviewing. It also creates a personal relationship with the reader as it makes them feel as though they are talking to Aurora and it can influence their opinion on the arists too. Using a box out feature in my magazine is effective because it increases the interactivity between the reader and the magazine as well as the artist which is one of the main goals that I strive to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment