Tuesday 12 November 2013

Contents ideas



In addition to these contents page ideas, I have also chosen to include a social media port at the top of the magazine. I felt that it was essential to include social networking to increase personal relationships and interactivity within my magazine. It is also a main convention of contents pages therefore it has made my contents page look more realistic and professional. I included Twitter, Youtube and Facebook.
In addition to the social networks, I have also included a reviews area. This gives a glimpse of what reviews are inside the magazine and introduces the main review (which is about The 1975). It makes my contents page look more interesting and it appeals to the audience.
Another convention included is the issue number. This informs the audience what issue is currently available and also makes the magazine sound more authentic and reliable as it has been running for a long time.

I have selected the regulars and features that I plan to use in my magazine as well as including the band index of the artists that my target audience generally listen to. The tag lines appeal to the target audience therefore they will be intrigued to purchase the magazine; I have included features such as a guide on how to play the drums and an interview with Ed Sheeran as well as the artist that I have made up, Aurora Storm. Some regulars that I have also included are quizzes, The Top 50 and what's new in the world of Indie. These regulars entice the audience to buy the magazine as it creates a personal relationship with the audience as they feel as though can rely on the magazine to keep them up to date with music as well as providing them with trustworthy reviews. I think that the regulars and features that I have created will appeal to my audience quite well as it fits within the demographics and stereotypes of the indie genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment