Tuesday 22 October 2013

Promotional Methods

To promote my magazine, I have begun to think about various, effective methods to increase the readership and circulation of my magazine. I want my magazine to have a big readership, especially when it is released as the sales need to be high and the only way to effectively achieve this is by promoting the magazine well. I need to invest a lot of money into promotion such as on billboards and buses, especially as the magazine is new and unknown to the target audience.

A prime example of promotion is billboards. Billboards are very effective as they are very large in size and attract attention from all types of people as they are specifically located in areas where people are most likely to look (eg. when in the car on a motorway, shopping centres). As billboards are located all across the country, I will need to create the billboard to the best of my ability to fit within the target audience to grab their attention. I need to make the magazine look appealing and include some sort of sell line and unique selling point to entice them to purchase the magazine. I will do some research into my locations for my bill boards because certain areas in the UK could have a different perspective on the magazine. I plan on including the release date, website and name of the magazine as well as a little teaser to increase anticipation of the magazines release.



Another way of promoting my magazine will be through adverts on buses. The bus itself is key to promotion as buses travel great lengths, through different destination routes therefore a lot of people will see the bus as the majority of people use public transport (especially those who I have targeted as my audience). Everyone keeps an eye out for adverts on public transport like buses therefore it would be a great investment for my magazine as it grabs peoples attention when the bus passes them. I also plan on using the underground/tube to promote and advertise my magazine as this will enhance the variety of those who will see and possibly purchase the magazine. People become very tedious when travelling so using escalator advertisements as well as large adverts by the sides of the train and in the train itself will be very successful.
 
I will make sure that the adverts are concise and fit within the target audiences interests. I have to make sure that the adverts and content reach to the correct market otherwise the magazine will be unsuccessful. For some extra advertise, I will start the first issue to meet Ruth, the main artist, and win backstage passes to a festival with a signed copy of her brand new single. Some of the rules of the competition will be that the person who enters the competition must be subscribed//following/liked with all of my magazines social networking sites. By doing this I can build an online audience and gain more members interacting with the magazine, which will in turn rise sales. Twitter and Facebook are extremely popular in this day and age therefore I strongly believe that combining competitions with social networking will successfully and effectively build my audience and help gain more sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment