Tuesday 22 October 2013

Production Diary - Week 6

Throughout this week, I have completed many things in the project.

I started bycreating a Prezi on photoshoot ideas. This helped influence me on what makeup, poses, hair and props to use for my photoshoot which I was going to do later on in the week. I wrote briefly about each and included photos as well as including the song 'Chocolate' by The 1975, which is an indie band of whom I believe represent the indie genre well. After I had created this Prezi, I held my first photoshoot with my main model, Ruth, who signed a model release form to confirm that she is happy with taking part in the photoshoot and is able to participate in a re-shoot if necessary. I used bold hair and makeup techniques as well as her clothes and overall look to make Ruth look appealing towards the audience of the magazine, and to also fit within the dynamics of the magazine as it is very individual and unique. I also have backstage videos and images of the photoshoot.

During this week, I also created name ideas from a spider diagram around the four main types of words: acronym, connotative, phrase and compound. I found a few names that I liked, such as inD and Unsigned as I feel as though they represent my magazine well, although I am still undecided on which name to use. I also created a document on In Design which is dedicated to the masthead designs. I downloaded various fonts from ReFont and DaFont and transferred them over to In Design to decide which was the most effective and suitable font for my magazine. I liked 'Blackout' and 'Broken74'. Lastly, I created another document and In Design which was based on colour schemes. I simply created a row of 9 blocks, consisting of 4 different colours which I think would be a good colour scheme for the magazine. My favourite colour scheme was the red, matched with the monochrome black and white with grey. I like this colour scheme as it is simplistic yet powerful. I enjoyed these tasks as they helped me to develop more ideas about my magazine and were quite fun to play around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment