Tuesday 4 February 2014

Evaluation: Q5) How did you attract/address your audience?

The main way in which I attracted my target audience was by the cover image and content featured inside the magazine. The initial attention-grabbing feature is the compelling close-up image I used on the front cover which appeals to the audience and intrigues the audience to purchase the magazine. The colour scheme, of which follows my popular house style of red, white and black, attracts the audience as it's big, bright and bold which stands out and makes the magazine look attractive for the buyer.

I decided to create two front-covers to enhance audience interaction as I know what appeals to them and what will ensure the magazine to sell. The first cover features the model giving direct eye contact whilst looking bare and wearing red lipstick - this makes the model appeal to both genders as she can be seen as an idol to women and quite sexualised to males therefore engaging both of the sexes to purchase the magazine to find out more about her as she lures them in. The second front cover features the same model, however this time she is screaming with the lyrics and thoughts in her mind surrounding her. This cover is for fans of the artist and the magazine; this helps the magazine to sell more as it gives a better insight to the artist's life and makes the audience want to own both covers as it's a special edition feature of which is quite rare to buy; as fans they will feel obliged to own it.

Once the audience opens the magazine, they are glued to all of the hot topics I have chosen to include in the contents page and they won't know where to look first. The list along the left hand side of the contents page contains a list of all of the features in the magazine; I have chosen to list the features in this position of the magazine because it is typically the first thing that the audience looks at and the features are somewhat the highlights of the magazine as they're different in each edition which makes the audience quite excited to see what is contained in the magazine. I have also included a mini review on the conents page to maximise and increase new acts as almost every reader will go to the contents page whereas they wouldn't all necessarily visit a page of someone they don't know about. Regulars are listed on the right hand side which informs and locates the normal features to the audience. By having everything neatly laid out on the contents page, it makes it uch easier for readers to navigate theselves around the magazine with ease.

My article tone is very relaxed which also puts the reader at ease; it allows the to relax and enjoy the magazine and pictures inside it and creates personal relationships with them. By having a very light-hearted interview, the reader is able to laugh along with the article and understand it fully which enables them to really enjoy it.

Appearance-wise, I decided to make my magazine have a very sleek, professional and chic look. The house-style of my magazine is red, white and black - colours which connote power, love and passion - all of which I believe my magazine has. Red is also a very gender neutral colour and highlights the beauty and loyalty of the magazine. Red appeals greatly to the audience therefore making it look professional and attractive to the buyer. This gives the magazine a style that people will remember and look for in the future, especially on shelves as it is very eye-catching.

By using all of my own images, I felt it gave the magazine a real and genuine look. Using self-taken gig images immediately informs the reader of the sort of concerts which will be discussed, whilst also indicating that the magazine interacts with the audience and credits the gig-goers by using their images - a lot of people are interested in being featured in magazines for their own taken images therefore using this feature has created a unique selling point for my magazine which attracts my audience.

In earlier blog posts, I mentioned using new media to attract my specific target audience as through research I discovered that my target audience are thoroughly engaged with spending the majoirty of their time online on social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. I have taken to these social networking websites by creating accounts with them to promote the magazine further. This enables the audience to stay in the loop constantly with the magazine and increase personal relationships with the magazine and help them to gain more information. I have also created a QR barcode onto my contents page so that the readers can scan their smart phones to link them straight to our website.


No comments:

Post a Comment