Monday 20 January 2014

Image manipulation: before and after

Before

After

For my main article, I have used two box out features: to feature one of the box outs is text stating that Aurora will be on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge. The Live Lounge is where an artists covers two songs - one of their own and a song that they would never sing usually. The Live Lounge is quite iconic within the indie and pop genre as it usually ties the two genres together.
I played on the Live Lounge to make the magazine seem more realistic and appropriate to the genre and audience that it is targeted at. I simply grabbed an image of the Live Lounge online and went on Photoshop to remove 'Vol 5' and replace text over it with Aurora's name. This makes the artist look superior as it has her name on it and also symbolises the advertising for her to appear on the show which makes it seem like an important event. The colours in the image also match my colour scheme therefore I felt that it was significant for my article as it gives it originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment